Antioch University Seattle’s 2014 Commencement Ceremony will be held at 1pm on Monday, June 23, 2014 at Town Hall Seattle.
How do I participate?
Students are eligible to participate in Commencement 2014 if they:
- Graduated Fall 2013 or Winter 2014, OR
- Have submitted their graduation application* to the registrar for Spring 2014 or
- Are graduating in Summer 2014 and have permission from their advisor to participate
Students must also fill out the Commencement Participation form between January 31 and April 30, 2014.
*The graduation application is not the same thing as Commencement Participation form.
When is the Commencement Participation form due?
Participation forms are due by 5pm on April 30, 2014
When should I arrive at Town Hall Seattle?
Graduates should arrive by 12:15pm.
Where do I go when I arrive at Town Hall Seattle on Commencement day?
All graduates will meet downstairs for preparation and to line up for procession. Master’s students will be hooded at this time. Faculty and staff will assist and guide all graduates. Guests are not allowed downstairs.
- January 31: Commencement Participation Form available
- February 3: Commencement email open
- April 25: Spring 2014 Graduation application due to registrar
- April 30: Commencement Participation Form due
- May 5: First day to pick up Commencement tickets
- May 18: Last day to place regalia orders with Jostens
- June 20: Last day to pick up Commencement tickets
- June 23: Commencement at Town Hall
Cap and Gown Resources
How can I purchase my Commencement regalia (cap and gown)?
Regalia may be purchased from Jostens. Orders must be placed by May 18, 2014 to ensure delivery.
Jostens’ phone number: (800) 854-7646
- The option to purchase all regalia items bundled or separately
- The option to purchase regalia as BDG (Best Designed Gown) or Biodegradable
AUS Loaner Program
Antioch University Seattle offers loaner caps, gowns, and hoods. If you would like to inquire about our stock, please fill out this form.
Cap and Gown Loaner Process:
- Fill out the inquiry form (inquiries will be reviewed starting March 3)
- Receive email with availability and option
- Confirm regalia
- Set a pick-up and drop-off date
- At pick-up: Pay $10.00 deposit (cash or check only) and sign out regalia
- Take care of regalia and enjoy Commencement!
- At drop-off: Check in regalia, receive deposit*
*If any AUS Loaner regalia are damaged, missing, or late, you forfeit your deposit.
How do I wear my regalia?
Gowns: It is important that your regalia match your degree and program. All degrees wear black gowns. See below for differences in gown cut across degrees.
Caps: All degrees wear black mortar boards (square caps) with green tassels. Doctoral candidates have the option of wearing a tam or mortar board.
Tassels: For bachelor’s, the tassel is worn to the right until after the conferral of degrees when it is moved to the left. For master’s and doctoral candidates, the tassel is worn to the left throughout the ceremony.
Hoods: Master’s and doctoral candidates wear hoods with lining colors that denote their specific programs. Doctorate hoods are longer than master hoods. All hoods have green lining. Refer to the list below to determine your hood color:
|MA Education||Light Blue|
|MA Environment and Community||Gold|
|MA Whole Systems Design||Lilac|
|MA Organizational Development||Maroon|
|MA Counseling (CMHC)||White|
|MA Marriage and Family Therapy (CFT)||White|
|MS Management and Leadership||Drab|
How many tickets do I get for guests if I’m participating?
Each participating graduate will receive two (2) tickets. Tickets may be picked up at the front desk Monday, May 5 – Friday, June 20 between 9am and 10pm. You must have submitted the Commencement Participation form in order to pick up your tickets.
What if I need more tickets?
You may add your name and number of additional tickets requested to our wait-list. The wait list is first come, first serve. Remaining tickets will be distributed according to the wait list after all participating graduates have received their two (2) tickets.
*If you do not need one or both of your tickets, please return them to the front desk as soon as possible, or contact the Commencement department via e-mail.
When should my guests arrive at Town Hall Seattle?
Guests may arrive as early as 12:15pm. Doors for the Great Hall will open at 12:30pm.
What items are prohibited at Town Hall Seattle?
Food and beverages are not allowed inside the Great Hall at Town Hall Seattle. The Café will be open and selling snacks and beverages to be consumed in the lobby. Flash photography is not allowed inside the Great Hall.
Where should my guests park?
Parking will be available at the Washington State Convention Center Main Garage (two blocks north of Town Hall Seattle on Eighth Avenue). Town Hall Seattle staff members can validate your parking ticket at commencement.
Are there special accommodations for disabled guests?
Yes! If your guest needs accommodations, please contact the Commencement department via e-mail by April 30, 2014.
What is Commencement etiquette?
- Arrive on time and remain at Commencement for the duration of the ceremony
- Please do not leave after your graduate’s name is called
- Please do not stand in the aisles
- Turn off all phones and other electronic devices
- Give graduates your full attention; they earned this!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I store my belongings during Commencement?
It is highly encouraged you leave belongings with your guests or locked in your car. There will be no facilities or staff to store belongings.
When will I receive my diploma?
For Spring 2014 graduates, diplomas will be sent to your mailing address on record with the registrar following commencement.
Who do I contact if I have further Commencement related questions?
Contact the Commencement department via e-mail.( this account will be checked Monday – Friday at 9am and 2pm.)