Antioch University Seattle’s 2015 Commencement Ceremony will be held at 1pm on Sunday, June 21, 2015 at Town Hall Seattle.
How do I participate?
Students are eligible to participate in Commencement 2015 if they:
- Graduated Fall 2014 or Winter 2015, OR
- Have submitted their graduation application* to the registrar for Spring 2015 or
- Are graduating in Summer 2015 and have permission from their advisor to participate
Students must also fill out the Commencement Participation form . This form will be available November 21, 2014 through May 1, 2015.
*The graduation application is not the same thing as Commencement Participation form.
When is the Commencement Participation form due?
Participation forms are due by 5pm on May 1, 2015
When should I arrive at Town Hall Seattle?
Graduates should arrive by 12:15pm.
Where do I go when I arrive at Town Hall Seattle on Commencement day?
All graduates will meet downstairs for preparation and to line up for procession. Master’s students will be hooded at this time. Faculty and staff will assist and guide all graduates. Guests are not allowed downstairs.
- November 7: Fall 2014 Grads – Graduation application due to registrar
- November 21: Commencement Participation Form available
- December 8: Commencement email open
- January 24: Winter 2015 Grads – Graduation application due to registrar
- April 25: Spring 2015 Grads – Graduation application due to registrar
- April 26: Regalia – Last day to get your order in to Jostens
- May 1: Commencement Participation Form due
- May 7: First day to pick up Commencement tickets
- May 8: Accessibility/ADA Accommodations due to: email@example.com
- June 17: Last day to pick up Commencement tickets
- June 21: Commencement at Town Hall
Cap and Gown Resources
How can I purchase my Commencement regalia (cap and gown)?
Regalia may be purchased from Jostens. Orders must be placed by April 26, 2015 to ensure delivery.
Jostens’ phone number: (800) 854-7646
- The option to purchase all regalia items bundled or separately
- The option to purchase regalia as BDG (Best Designed Gown) or Biodegradable
AUS Loaner Program
Antioch University Seattle offers a limited number of loaner caps, gowns, and hoods, generously donated by alumni. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
How do I wear my regalia?
Gowns: It is important that your regalia match your degree and program. All degrees wear black gowns. See below for differences in gown cut across degrees.
Caps: All degrees wear black mortar boards (square caps) with green tassels. Doctoral candidates have the option of wearing a tam or mortar board.
Tassels: For bachelor’s, the tassel is worn to the right until after the conferral of degrees when it is moved to the left. For master’s and doctoral candidates, the tassel is worn to the left throughout the ceremony.
Hoods: Master’s and doctoral candidates wear hoods with lining colors that denote their specific programs. Doctorate hoods are longer than master hoods. All hoods have green lining. Refer to the list below to determine your hood color:
|MA Education||Light Blue|
|MA Environment and Community||Gold|
|MA Whole Systems Design||Lilac|
|MA Organizational Development||Maroon|
|MA Counseling (CMHC)||White|
|MA Marriage and Family Therapy (CFT)||White|
|MS Management and Leadership||Drab|
How many tickets do I get for guests if I’m participating?
Because of the limited space at Town Hall, each participating graduate will be guaranteed two (2) tickets, and have the option for getting more once we get the participation forms in. Tickets may be picked up at the front desk Thursday, May 7 – Wednesday, June 17 between 9am and 6pm. You must have submitted the Commencement Participation form in order to pick up your tickets.
What if I need more tickets?
You may add your name and number of additional tickets requested to our wait-list on the Participation Form. The wait list is first come, first serve. Remaining tickets will be distributed according to the wait list after all participating graduates have received their two (2) tickets.
*If you do not need one or both of your tickets, please return them to the front desk as soon as possible, or contact the Commencement department via e-mail.
When should my guests arrive at Town Hall Seattle?
Guests may arrive as early as 12:15pm. Doors for the Great Hall will open at 12:30pm.
What items are prohibited at Town Hall Seattle?
Food and beverages are not allowed inside the Great Hall at Town Hall Seattle. The Café will be open and selling snacks and beverages to be consumed in the lobby. Flash photography is not allowed inside the Great Hall.
Where should my guests park?
Parking will be available at the Washington State Convention Center Main Garage (two blocks north of Town Hall Seattle on Eighth Avenue). Parking is also available in the commercial parking lot adjacent to Town Hall.
Are there special accommodations for disabled guests?
Yes! If your guest needs accommodations, please contact the Commencement department via e-mail by May 8, 2015.
What is Commencement etiquette?
- Arrive on time and remain at Commencement for the duration of the ceremony
- Please do not leave after your graduate’s name is called
- Please do not stand in the aisles
- Turn off all phones and other electronic devices
- Give graduates your full attention; they earned this!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I store my belongings during Commencement?
It is highly encouraged you leave belongings with your guests or locked in your car. There will be no facilities or staff to store belongings.
When will I receive my diploma?
For Spring 2015 graduates, diplomas will be sent to your mailing address on record with the registrar following commencement.
Who do I contact if I have further Commencement related questions?
Contact the Commencement department via e-mail. (this account will be checked Monday – Friday at 9am and 2pm. Please allow 24 business hours for a response.)