Ways to Help
Spread the Word
…about the transformative teaching and learning happening at Antioch University Seattle. AUS is often called “Seattle’s best kept secret,” but as alumni you know the value of an Antioch University education. Some ways to help us get the word out:
- Tell your friends, family, and colleagues about AUS.
- Attend one of the many interesting and fun events on campus, and bring someone along.
- If someone you know is interested in pursuing a degree at AUS, please bring them to campus to show them around, tell them about your experience, and introduce them to an admissions counselor. The President’s Office provides vouchers for two free hot beverages at One Red Pillar Cafe on campus, so you can sit and chat about our programs. For further information about our “L.A.T.T.E.” (Let’s All Take Time for Enrollment) initiative and how to get a voucher, please stop by the Front Desk to retrieve a voucher.
There are many ways to make a difference by volunteering at AUS – whether you are extroverted or a bit shy, have lots of free time or a little – we have an opportunity for you to engage with your AUS community.
- Open houses: All-program open houses take place once per quarter in the evening, and alumni volunteers are invited to discuss their experiences with prospective students. Alumni are a vital part of these events and prospective students often provide feedback about how helpful it is to meet alumni.
- Meeting with prospective students: Sometimes prospective students want to meet on-on-one with an alumnus/a from their program of interest to discuss that person’s experience. We would connect you to the prospective student to schedule a meeting at a time that is convenient for both of you, and provide a voucher for coffee/tea for you both here at Cafe Pacific .
- Tabling at events: Alumni are a wonderful asset when AUS sets up informational tables or booths at college fairs or community events (for instance, Harvest Fair, South Lake Union Block Party, Puyallup Fair, etc.). These events are fun and engaging, and there are various opportunities on different days and times to participate.
- Other, one-time opportunities: As special volunteer opportunities arise, for events or other initiatives, it is invaluable to have a list of volunteers to contact who are open to a variety of tasks and fun ways to engage with the AUS community – or who are willing to jump in last-minute! So if you are the spontaneous type, or have a flexible schedule and would like to be informed about diverse opportunities as they arise, let us know!
- Becoming a member of the Alumni Advisory Council: The Alumni Advisory Council, or AAC, meets quarterly at AUS. Members organize events and share their feedback from an alumni perspective with administrators and faculty at our institution. This involvement is highly valued, and the president personally visits many of these meetings. Alumni, their voice, and their contributions to AUS are a vital part of our success.
Support from alumni, friends of the university, and others is critical for Antioch University Seattle to fulfill its mission. Your tax-deductible gift can help Antioch University Seattle give scholarships to new students, expand academic programs, and provide educational opportunities to as many people as possible. You can donate online here.
We know our alumni are often innovative and forward-thinking.