Effective educators are needed more than ever before – educators with a deep commitment to social justice and equity, to improving humanity and the communities that we live in.
The School of Education at Antioch University Seattle offers programs for aspiring teachers, working teachers seeking professional development or specialized endorsements, and leaders who are seeking opportunities beyond the traditional education model, blending practical knowledge with leadership skills while pursuing a specialized area of study.
Exciting Program News!
Beginning in Fall of 2015:
- Attention Para-educators! The Masters of Arts in Teaching program will be offering flexible internship experiences for candidates currently working within K-8 classrooms! Complete three pre-internships within your 2015-2016 assignment, and be ready to teach at the end of the fall of 2016 upon completion of student teaching internship. No need to miss valuable work time during the first four quarters of the program.
- New site-based Cohorts for K-8 Working Teachers with potential for dual endorsements in Reading, Middle-level Math, Middle-level Science, or Middle-level Humanities! Cohorts are now being formed in south sound school districts from Renton to Tacoma. Click Here to learn more.
- New Master of Arts in Education partnership with IslandWood focusing on the development of community leaders in Urban Environmental Education! Click Here to learn more.
Our programs include:
AUS Endorsements for Current WA state teachers:
- Library Media Endorsement
- Environment and Sustainability
- Dual Endorsements in Reading, Middle-level Math, Middle-level Science, and Middle-level Humanities
Not sure which path is best for you? We can help. Click to learn Which Degree Is Right for Me?